Our First One!

Our First One!

Monday, March 28, 2011

We are Warriors!


We are Warriors!

This past weekend we experienced the well-known Warrior Dash in Conroe. I can only say that I've never had so much fun in the MUD and I have improved my backstroke skills!!......This Dash included 3.1 miles of crazy obstacles such as climbing over hay bales, jumping over fire, scaling up and over cargo nets, wading through water and over logs, and lots more! As we ran this event I saw many people over come their fears. Whether they overcame their fear of dark tight spaces while climbing through an inferno induced dark tunnel or overcoming their fear of heights while scaling an extremely tall wall of cargo nets. People pushed through and finished the race. My only concern was the heat and boy did it get to me quickly. But with the worry came the ever familiar feeling of accomplishment when I did finish the race, slower than I have ever done a 5K before, but I finished.
Many different people attended this event and it's encouraged that you dress up. We saw people dressed as the band KISS, we saw the smurfs, "speedo" man, indian warriors, men dressed in pink and bras, people dressed as super heros and much more! Many of our friends were doing the "matching shirt thing" so Jason and I decided Heck! we will do that too. We made a stop by walmart and found bright green tank tops and while we were searching we found the discounted green Saint Patricks day hats! We were in luck! We then decided we would go all out and paint our faces. I love having a husband who is fun and will try pretty much anything. :)
All in all it was a great experience. Of course like any warrior we came home with battle wounds. Jason had a twisted ankle, a bad scratch on his back, and many bruises. I came home with sunburned shoulders and bruised knees. But anyone who knows us knows we were on the internet the next day trying to find another one!

Peace and Love,
Warrior Holls :)


No comments:

Post a Comment