Our First One!

Our First One!

Friday, February 25, 2011

My First Post

As I sat down and started developing my blog the first hurtle I had to overcome was what would my title be. I wanted to have a place where I could jot down a few words about mine and Jason's training, events and the many adventures we experience a long the way. I wanted a title that described exactly what we did in just a few words. So what do we do.... we train, (well Jason trains more than I do) we compete (marathons and triathlons) and hopefully at the end of the day we succeed in achieving our goals. This is how I came to the conclusion that Training, Competing and Succeeding 2gether would work for my title.
 We have already started this season with two 5Ks and two half marathons. I know what you are thinking, ONLY two 5Ks and two marathons! But we really have 9 events scheduled for this season and we are soooo excited about them. We are experiencing two new events that we have never participated in before this year. The Warrior Dash, which is  3 mile obstacle course style race and then the MS150 which takes you, on a bike, from Houston to Austin. Jason will be doing another triathlon this year but he's going a little bigger with an Olympic size tri. I, on the other hand, will be competing in my first triathlon in June. This is a small one called a sprint which involves a 300 meter swim, a 11 mile bike ride and a 3.1 mile run. We will be competing in our 3rd half marathon this weekend in Fort Worth. The forecast is for rain on Sunday, we are keeping our fingers crossed that the rain holds off until we run! I'll keep updating as we keep training, competing and succeeding!!

Peace and Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment